D & M Electronics,
Serving Northern and Central New
August 2006 Newsletter ...
EMERGENCY ALERT- WORM ATTACK
Most Windows Computers are vulnerable.
I strongly recommend downloading and installing patches on all Windows 2000,
Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server computers as soon as possible.
This first link will give you Microsoft's
page including links for downloads.
Vulnerability in Server Service Could Allow Remote Code
Free scanning utility to help IT administrators find potentially
vulnerable machines on a network.
More continuing reminders...
1) Back up your data!
2) If your hard drive is 3 years or older,
think about replacing it. New ones are pretty inexpensive and include
"cloning" software. Most hard
drives fail within the 3-5 year window.
3) Clean and dust. Carefully vacuum the
vents and drives, even if you don't feel comfortable opening the case.
4) Use antistatic spray or a mixture of fabric
softener and water in a spray bottle. Dry air with static electricity
can break keyboards and occasionally more expensive items.
That's it for this newsletter...
Until next time... Happy Computing !
- May 99 (Viruses)
- July 99 (Maintenance Part
- September 99 (Maintenance
- November 99
- January 2000 (Y2K, Windows
- March 2000 (System tips
plus Outlook Express Email)
- May 2000 (System
- July 2000 (Easter eggs and
- September 2000
crashes, Windows 98, and more)
- Special Virus
- February 2001 (Mid-winter
vacations, Windows ME, network terminology)
- March 2001 (Server
- May 2001- (Internet
- September 2001- (A
Microsoft Competitor returns)
- January 2002- Microsoft's
strategy, spam, and new servers
- March 2002- Reminders and
- July 2002- My
- December 2002- Things to
do and not to do
- August 2003- Power Outages
- January 2004- Why Word slowed to a crawl
- May 2004- Keeping your computer secure
- August 2004- Odds and ends
- September 2004- Hurricanes and Tornados (more
- October 2004- Time for a change
- February 2005- spyware and email
- October 2005- Open Office, Fun Stuff, and Reminders
- February 2006- Try Terminal Services
• Return to home page
• Some of our Clients...
• Products we sell...
To get more information or to FAX us: call 1-315-583-5513 or send e-mail to
us at email@example.com.
This page last updated on
August 14, 2006.
Copyright © 2006 D & M